We've been trying out the new highway to Pekan Genting twice. Some of the highway stretches are not completed yet. Going there from Bayan Lepas seemed so far, I guess it takes too long to see civilisation compared to the Relau way. The journey back seemed much shorter.
Since the highway ends in Pekan Genting where Palmyra is, it looks like this will be the preffered road in the future for us. There are several bottlenecks before reaching the highway where we most probably have to endure the jams during rush hour. The highway looks pretty scary too, so don't look down, just look at the road.
We're getting the renovation guy to provide quotation for us. Here are some plan in mind for our DST intermediate but we have no idea how much it will cost us.
- Repaint the house
- Install CCTV & alarm system
- Install autogate, since the gate is not designed for manual open/ close. Notice there's no latches like normal gates?
- Knock down the balcony in the 2nd room for extension
- Do nothing to the "pseudo balcony" in the 3rd room coz there's a toilet window sticking out
- Knock down the maid's room coz it's too small and there's no window
- Replace the windows in the toilets with frosted glass; no peeping toms allowed.
- Build a balcony to hang our clothes there, install a door from the master room (which may mean removing windows?)
- Knock down the wall between kitchen and laundry area to make way for wet kitchen
That should be about it coz cost of living is real high nowadays but salaries are not increasing proportionately :)