We went to sign the letter of acceptance with EON bank for their Super Easi Flexi Loan. Apparently, one has to apply for a current account with this loan and minimum amount to open an account is RM500. Some "hidden cost & procedures" that we have discovered with EON's loan:
- RM10 monthly fee will be charged for each current account (RM3600 gone into thin air for a 30 years loan)
- Since you have a current account, most probably you want to view your transaction online. Then you need to apply an ATM card which charges RM8/ year
- Stamp duty of RM10 (one time deal)
- You are forced to apply for their credit card. It is stated in the loan offer letter. I think this is really unethical. How can you literally force people to apply for a credit card?
- You need to sign a blank form for Uni Asia fire insurance application. In case the developer (or you) fails to renew the fire insurance, they will "apply" the insurance for you and charge to your loan.
- MRTA charges go into Term Loan which you must start paying once loan takes into effect (Not when the house is completed)
We should have check out AmBank's loan offerings. Nevertheless, we still signed the loan offer letter, haha.